In the present day, one of the most popular video-sharing applications on smartphone devices is Snapchat. This application allows you to record videos, take photos, add text and share with friends and relatives. However, you can control how long the viewer can view the video you had sent.
For this, you need to set the timer for up to 10 seconds. The unique feature of this app is that the photos and videos you share or receive are only supposed to be displayed for 10 seconds before they are erased permanently.
Likewise, Facebook messenger, you can also chat with your friends on Snapchat. With over 160 million daily active users, Snapchat is the fastest growing and innovative app. The user-friendly app is easy to use, and the latest version, 220.127.116.11 is available for Android users.
However, there are times when knowingly and unknowingly, we end up deleting your Snapchat messages. Well, this is something very common amongst all of us. The dilemma is – that at some point, we regret deleting the messages and feel an urge to retrieve them back, which is not an easy task.
But, need not panic. There are ways to recover Snapchat messages on both Android and iOS devices.
First, let us know how to save Snapchat Messages.
- Launch the Snapchat app on your phone and Sign in
- Swipe right on your screen. You’ll be taken to the chat section.
- Here, in the upper left corner is the chat button, search for a contact you want to chat with
- Type your message and send it. Now your message will display in the chat window.
- Tap on the message that you had just sent. You will see it changing to grey and bold. This means that you wish to keep this message; hence it won’t be erased, even if you leave the chat screen.
- The same trick applies to the messages you receive.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on Android
STEP#1 – Plug Your Android Phone to PC
With the help of a USB cable, plug in your android phone to your personal computer. Once the application detects the device, allow or enable the USB debugging on Android. Then select “Messages” from the tab of “Contact & Messages.”
STEP#2 – Root Your Android Phone
Once the selection has been made, the program automatically roots your Android device. By any chance, if it fails to root your device, you will have to carry out the task of rooting manually. Follow the guide it prompts thoroughly, and grant the privilege to the technology to scan the deleted files for you.
STEP#3 – Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
Once the scanning and rooting get completed, you’ll be able to view and access the deleted Snapchat messages. The next step here is to choose and tick all messages you want to retrieve and tap the “Recover” button to recover the lost Snapchat conversations.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iPhone
STEP#1 – Plug Your iPhone to Mac
With the help of a USB cable, plug in your iOS phone to your Macbook. Automatically, your device will be connected. You will then enter the “Recover from the iOS device.” Then click “Start Scan” to scan your iPhone.
STEP#2 – Click iPhone Data Recovery
Scan your iPhone by clicking on the “Start” button. Once you have done this, all your data will be displayed. On the left-hand column, click “Messages.” You’ll be able to preview the detailed message content in the main interface. The Snapchat messages will also be included in this.
STEP#3 – Select and Recovery
The next step here is to choose and tick all messages you want to retrieve and tap the “Recover” button to recover the lost Snapchat conversations. Choose the destination folder where you want to save the deleted iPhone Snapchat messages on your Mac.
Alternative Methods to Retrieve the Deleted Snapchat Data & Messages
As we all know that the Snapchat messages disappear within 10 seconds from your app, But do you think that they also get deleted from your phone too? No, they are not. The deleted messages get stored on your device memory with a .nomedia extension.
The following are two more methods for how to recover Snapchat messages on android without a computer.
- If you want to recover Snapchat messages from your Android device, always rename the files. In this way, you get rid of the .nomedia extension.
- File Manager Application can help you in this. Go to the Google Play Store and look for the best File Manager apps. If you succeed in finding one, that’s great. Else, download an APK from the Internet.
- For the Apple users, it’s time to deep dive into your device and looks for a suitable file manager app. To name a few best file manager applications – OI file manager, File Expert, and Astro File Managers.
Once in the internal device memory, you can find the .nomedia extension, explore the files in this extension. Usually, all of the apps ignore this file type, thus making the data invisible to the user. But, if you find it, these will be your deleted messages from Snapchat. Also, there are many Android data recovery software which is a one-of-its-kind powerful tool that helps retrieve the deleted Snapchat photos, videos, messages on all types of Android devices.
And, this is a Wrap-Up!!
Hopefully, the above-given steps dealing in detail on how to recover Snapchat messages on android and how to recover Snapchat messages on iPhone is an answer for all of you who are striving hard to retrieve the lost Snapchat messages.